Thursday, February 13, 2014

Shreddin' the Freshy POWPOW on my Way Home

     Ugh seriously I am going thirty-five miles an hour on the interstate.  At least there is barely anybody else on the road.  If you are going to die, it is better to die alone right.  I have no idea if I am in a lane, are there lanes anymore?  Oh here we go turn into the skid.  What does that even mean?  I am not going to make it up this hill.  Since when are there hills on I-95...  Shit not this song I don't want to die with this song playing, on my way from this job.  I hope everyone enjoys their flowers for Valentines Day.  I don't know who I feel more sorry for, me who is going to end up frozen to death in a snow bank right next to the Philip Morris building, or the guy who thought that his significant other really wanted flowers delivered to them from flowers.com.  It is never the thought that counts.  Oh good the mega millions is up to 133 million.  The odds of me winning the lottery are less than the odds of me being dead before I get home.  There are so many things I didn't do.  So many things I wanted to do.  I need a drink.  I wonder if the bars will be open when I get back to the city... If I live I am going to turn over a new leaf God.  Or whatever is out there.  Who am I kidding?  That would be a pretty big gamble for God, let me live and then maybe I will be a better person.  Man I am hungry.  I don't want to die hungry, but I work straight through dinner.  The last thing I ate was tortilla chips and cheese dip, how fitting.  The last thing in my stomach and the last thing on my mind is cheese dip.  Oh man turn into skid... quarter mile to my exit.  Then I just have to navigate the secondary roads that are supposed to be worse.  I have lived a good life.  Whatever will be will be.  Que sera sera.  I wonder what the turn out will be like at my funeral.  Probably pretty big.  I have won every popularity contest I have ever entered.  It is my one skill, winning popularity contests.  Maybe they will have some crazy memorial party at one of the places I frequent.  But not everybody would want to go to the same place, my friend group is too eclectic.  There would have to be multiple memorial services.  Would they bury me or cremate me?  I would really rather they gave me a Viking funeral, but there is probably some stupid law against that.  Oh hey Mojo's is open, betcha David is working.  Post drive home celebratory drink... don't mind if I do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment