Wednesday, October 3, 2012

GUM!

             My Chinese friend Gum and I were driving in the car and he was telling me about how one time he disintegrated.  All of his cells and particles and atoms dissolved out into the Universe.  In this moment he felt a complete deep spiritual connection with the Universe.  More than a connection in fact, he was the universe.  In that instant he became every blade of grass blowing in the wind.  He felt the plight of the homeless and indigent and felt the immortality of the rockstar.  He was the morning dew and a cloudy sunrise bleeding orange, red and purple sweeps across the sky.  To him it seemed he was consciousness.  It was at this point that it all came to him.  The answer to the eternal question.  A meaning to this life.  A purpose to these seemingly random events and to natures cruelty.  I asked him what the answer was and he responded.  “I dunno dude… I forgot.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment